Tuesday 20 May 2008 | |

Computer Games for the blind.

I have always been a fan of computer games and how it stimulates our imagination.
it's a time where I can relive the battles in ww2 or fell for myself how it's like to be under the sea exploring a new world much different from ours. the feeling to escape into the surprising and unknown world is a feeling I love about computer games.
(besides winning every multilayer round while playing with friends making them jealous and calling them a "noob")



I love games for it's world design and I'm getting more and more into the storytelling of it.
it's like a movie experience, but you're in it and your decisions makes a difference.
(you won't be shouting at the main character not to go into the door of the haunted house like you always do in the cinema, only to come to a stop after I splash my $5 coke on you.)


It has always come to my wonder if i could bring my experience to the people I know. (who are also visually impaired)
I never forget the day I watched my friend playing tank on a mobile phone. (the classic).
he couldn't see, but seemed entertained by the sound and noise it makes. he was 16 then.

audio Games http://www.audiogames.net/listgames.php
I came across this site the other day through the magic of the Internet. it's a site about games made for the blind, some are even made by the blind.
I tried a few and so far my favourite is "decent into darkness" and nice horror adventure game with a scary atmosphere and a good story.

I encourage you to try it; Turn off our monitor, blindfold yourself, get a headphone and game on.
I'm recommending it to my all me visually impaired friends.



game different
Jaziel

0 comments:

Post a Comment